Monday, March 11, 2013

Online A Reflection

        Technology is important in many different ways. It's all around us and is getting nothing but more dominant in every day life. Everything we do as people is revolved around technology, whether it is doing an assignment for school or checking out of the grocery store, we are affected by technology. In the last five years technology has changed because it has become much more advanced. Cellphones for example do much more than just make phone calls now, they surf the web take pictures and videos, and even have a live chat feature which allows the user to see who he/she is talking to face to face.In the next five years, I believe technology will change even more and become more advanced than ever. Everything will be revolved around the newest and best technology. Things will be easier to accomplish and understand.
        For schoolwork, I use all kinds of technology. I use PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and the internet itself to complete different assignments. The internet is a great source for information and helps a lot when there is a need to find information. I also use technology for personal use. I play video games and surf the web daily. I also use my smartphone to communicate with friends. My life would be much different from what it is now if technology did not play a large part in it.
         I think in the future I will use some of the tools I learned about in Online A but not all of them. The main one I will continue to use is the Custom Home Page on iGoogle. It is a very fun place to quickly learn some information and play a few games. The iGoogle is convenient because it allows the user to visit one site instead of multiple sites. I also thing the iGoogle is the most practical tool for lifelong learning. It offers daily information from news sites that allows users to be kept up to date. If you're not in to news though it doesn't have to be on the iGoogle, that's the beauty of the application. You can instead have updates in sports news or anything else that interests you. This is also why the iGoogle was my favorite thing to create.
         A tool that I believe I will never use again is the Social Bookmarking. I do not bookmark things in the first place so the tool is pretty much useless to me. If I do want to share a website I instead will just tell a friend about it and not worry about putting it on my Social Bookmarking page. Because this tool is useless to me in my everyday life, it was also my least favorite one to create.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment