Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Traditions

       During Christmastime my family has a variety of traditions. We decorate the house and tree together, we make Christmas cookies to give to friends and family, and we even wrap some presents together. Some traditions are more important to me though. Every Christmas Eve I go to my Aunt's house along with my parents and siblings. Every year my aunt invites all of her family members and prepares dinner for them. We all eat, open presents, and talk to each other because I don't get to see my cousins and aunts and uncles that often. Usually by 11 o' clock my family starts heading back home to go to bed for the night, but before we do that my parents let me open one of my presents. Then I head up to bed excited for the next morning.

       As soon as I wake up on Christmas day, I go downstairs to our fireplace where all of my presents are stacked up. There are five stacks usually, one for each one of my brothers and my one sister. We take turns opening presents one at a time until we're all done and then we immediately leave for my grandparents' house. When we get there my grandma already has breakfast prepared and we eat. Directly following eating we exchange gifts and usually leave in a hurry because my mom has to prepare dinner for the family that comes over every Christmas day. They usually arrive around five and don't leave until at least midnight. We have fun playing games and talking about the different gifts we received earlier that morning. This is probably the event I look forward to the most, being with my aunts and uncles from both my mom's and dad's side of the family on Christmas day.





No comments:

Post a Comment